Schools & Universities
Explore ideas together
We create opportunities for children
and young people to learn how to think
both independently and collaboratively,
helping them to investigate their
fundamental beliefs and communicate with
others. These capacities are crucial to learning
and living as a responsible citizen. We aim to increase
philosophical thinking in Scottish schools so students
develop the toolkit required to critically, creatively and reflectively navigate a world of uncertainty and information overload while considering diverse perspectives.
We also offer the possibility of incorporating mindfulness into philosophy session, as well as offering mindfulness courses.
Philosophy in schools
1. Working with classes throughout the year. This allows us to fully explore all the possibilities of philosophy and to build a strong relationship with a class.
2. Block of 6-10 sessions with a class. See topics below.
3. Working with schools or individual teachers to develop philosophical thinking within and across the curriculum
Thinking Moves in schools
1. We offer courses in Thinking Moves to develop students' capacity for metacognitive learning.
2. We train teachers in Thinking Moves so that they can develop their students' capacity for metacognitive learning.
Mindfulness in schools
1. Mindfulness incorporated into philosophy sessions or
2. Mindfulness courses: 6 session block.
Training and mentoring postgraduates to facilitate philosophy discussions with children.
Schools can choose from a range of topics...
"I'd recommend the Wisdom Collective and their training to anyone who wants to be able to have deeper and more constructive conversations about difficult questions".
Dave Ward, Lecturer, University of Edinburgh